Getting a Government job is not a piece of cake these days. So, whenever you get the opportunity you must grab it by both hands. This year it’s going to be huge for all the job seekers of the country. According to the source, the Indian Railway is going to fill a large vacancy in various posts. The Railway Recruitment Board of Thiruvananthapuram has recently released the notification. Therefore, many youngsters will get a scope to turn their dream into reality. If you are one of these candidates then you must check the important information given below.
Success is where the preparation and opportunity meet, so streamline your preparation accordingly and grab the opportunity.
Latest Railway Vacancies
The Railway Recruitment Board of Thiruvananthapuram has asked the interested candidates to apply for 608 empty positions. The vacancy is for Southern Railway sub-division, 162 for the Assistant Loco Pilot posts, and 446 for the Technician posts. Apply for your desired post as soon as possible. And get a Government job in the Railway Sector.
Now proceeding to the further details,
RRB Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2018- Assistant Loco Pilot Post
162 vacancies are there for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot for Southern Railway of India. All the aspirants will be recruited from Thiruvananthapuram and surrounding area.
Have a look at the category wise vacancy for southern railway division now.
- There are 81 vacant posts for UR category
- 25 vacancies for SC category
- For ST category there are 12 vacancies
- 44 vacancies are there for the OBC category
- And 09 vacancies for the ex-servicemen
RRB Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2018- Technician
As per the recent notification, there are 446 vacancies for technicians post. All the vacancies are in the sub-division of Southern Railway. If you are interested you must apply within the due date.
Have a look at the category wise vacancy numbers now for the mentioned sub-division.
- 227 vacant posts are there for the UR category
- For SC category 64 vacancies
- 62 vacancies for the ST category
- There are 93 vacancies for OBC category
- And for ex-servicemen 45 vacancies
Now take a look at the other important details like eligibility criteria, application fee and many more. The information given below is similar for all of the vacant posts.
The application fee is different for the various category.
For the General or OBC category candidates, have to pay- Rs. 500/-
SC/ ST or PWD category candidates have to pay- Rs. 250/-
If you are a Female candidate or Ex-Serviceman, you have to pay- Rs. 250/-
Starting Date & Ending Date of Application Form Submission
The starting date of submission of application form is 22.09.18
And the ending date of application form submission form is 01.10.18
|Electrical Engineering with the combination of various streams of Electrical Engineering||Electrician
Refrigeration and Air
|Electronics Engineering and the combination of various streams of Electronics Engineering||Electronics Mechanic
Mechanic Radio & TV
|Mechanical Engineering of various streams of Mechanical engineering||Fitter
Mechanic Motor Vehicle
Refrigeration and Air
Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
|Automobile Engineering with a combination of various streams of Automobile Engineering||Mechanic Motor Vehicle
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
|HSC(10+2) with Physics and Maths||Electrician
The criteria of age limit is applied according to the official notice CEN 01/2018, as mentioned in the para 137(2)(ii) of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual Vol.1 revised in 1989(Reprint in 2009), the standard lower age limit for ALP and Technician post of all category candidates is 18 years and the standard upper age limit is,
- For UR candidates the upper age limit is 27 years
- 30 years for the OBC category candidates &
- SC/ST category candidates have the upper age restriction of 32 years
However, there is some age relaxation for the reserved category candidates as well as for PWD candidates and for candidates with certain experience. Have a look,
As per the temporary measurement till 03.02.2015, the age relaxation has been applied.
- SC & ST category candidates have the upper age relaxation of 5 years
- OBC-Non Creamy Layer category candidates have an upper age relaxation of 3 years
- For the Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than 6 months service after attestation, they have an upper age relaxation is up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years
- PWD UR candidates have an upper age relaxation of 10 Years
- For the PWD OBC-Non Creamy Layer category candidates the upper age relaxation is 13 years
- PWD SC/ST category candidates the upper age relaxation is 15 years
- Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 has an upper age relaxation of 5 Years
- Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells)
- For UR categories with such experience has an upper age limit is 40 years
- For OBC- Non-Creamy Layer 43 years
- And for SC/ST candidates the upper age limit is 45 years
- Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts for which minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship. Shall be relaxed to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961 Whoever has Completed the Course, Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship, Act before attaining the age of 25 years
- For the UR category candidates, the upper age limit is 35 Years
- OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) upper age limit is 38 Years
- SC/ST category candidates have an upper age limit of 40 Years
RRB Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2018- Selection Process
2 parts will be there to select employees for the vacant posts.
Part A includes all the examinations like CBT, CBT(Part A), CBT(Part B)
& Part B consists of the Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
Read further to know about the tests in details.
Part A Examination
There will be 75 number of questions. The total marks for the CBT paper will be 75 & you will get 60 minutes as a whole to complete the paper. Here is a table to help you with the included subjects & topics.
Decimal & Fractions
LCM & HCF
Ratio and Proportion
Percentages & Mensuration
Time and Work
Time and Distance
Simple and Compound Interest
Profit and Loss
Geometry and Trigonometry
Square Root and Age Calculations
Calendar & Clock
Pipes & Cistern etc
Alphabetical and Number Series
Coding and Decoding
Relationships & Syllogism
Jumbling & Venn Diagram
Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
Conclusions and Decision Making
Similarities and Differences
Classification & Directions
Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, etc
|General Intelligence||Figures and Pictures
Analogies & Space
Visualization & Similarities
Decision Making & Problem-Solving
Arithmetical Number Series
Differences & Arithmetical Reasoning
Analysis & Judgement
Visual memory & Observation
Verbal and Figure Classification
Life Sciences of the 10th standard level
|General Awareness on Current Affairs||Current affairs in Science & Technology
Sports & Culture
Personalities & Economics
Politics and other subjects of importance, etc
ii) CBT (Part A)
100 numbers of questions will be there with total marks of 100. The duration will be 90 minutes. The included subjects and topics are given in the table below.
iii) CBT (Part B)
There will be 75 number of questions to complete within 60 minutes. This selection process includes the below steps.
- Online Examination
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- & the Document Verification
Part B Examination
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
This test is different for the male, female and PWD candidates. Have a look at the below table and know in details.